Thursday, June 16, 2011

Time for a check up.

   I literally rolled myself out of bed and trudged into the bathroom.  I turned on the shower and got in, only noticing after I started to soap my body that I had forgotten to take off my clothes before getting into the shower.  Something was not right.  This was not normal for me to be this tired all the time.  I needed to call the doctor and have a physical done maybe there was some other reason I was so tired all the time.  Low iron count or something; maybe I just needed to start taking some vitamins daily. 
   Jumping out of the shower as quickly as possible, I threw on some clean clothes, ran a brush through my hair and looked at my disheveled appearance in the mirror.  I had some major black circles under my eyes, but no time to spend using my makeup to hide them.  Kristen was already annoyed with me and I didn’t need to give this particular teenager another reason to give me attitude just now.  I slipped on my ballet shoes and hurried into the living room, grabbing my purse and keys off the counter.  She was already standing by the front door tapping her foot.  I glanced at the clock and said, “I still have 2 minutes left,” as I yanked open the front door and strode out towards the car.  Luckily she didn’t say a word to me the entire ride to her school.  I’m not sure just what would have happened at that moment if she had.  I was tired, cranky and at that point sure that I had done everything I could to make sure to get her to school at the time she wanted to be there, so it probably would have been a monstrous fight on our hands. 
   I pulled up in front of her school with minutes to spare.  She opened the door and got out without saying a word.  At first I was really annoyed, but thought better of it.  It was probably better that way.  At least we couldn’t fight if neither one of us talked to one another.   I debated on going back home to put on some makeup to hide some of the circles under my eyes and at least attempt to make myself look presentable, but decided against it.  I was going to see if I could get an appointment with the doctor today and this would help make my case with my boss that I needed to take a little time in order to go.  Just look at me, I looked like a hot mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment